A series of new, one-act plays from award-winning playwrights chosen from over 1000 plays.
Archive :: production:T083462897, play:S1690259462, venue:V1167
The Indomitable Mrs Rothman/Dreaming of Chekhov/Change/Bridges Apart/Deal Breaker/Frameworks/The AsteroidThe indomitable Mrs Rothman
- The financial crisis of 2008 has trapped divorcee Phyllis Rothman in her grand Park Avenue apartment which she cant afford to keep, but is unable to sell. Her ex-husband, a recently fired Wall Street tycoon, proposes a strategy to help each other until the economy improves. Dreaming of Chekhov
- A woman can't decide if she should take a trip to Moscow.... luckily Anton Chekhov arrives to help her make a decision. Change
- Jean and Rosaline are sisters. Jean, a recovering alcoholic, was forced to give her baby up for adoption. A secret is being hidden from her. Once the secret is out, the whole family's future is thrown into question. Bridges Apart
- Set in a small village in Cumbria, during Storm Desmond and the floods that followed, a storm-wrecked bridge makes it difficult for Rosie and James to admit their feelings for each other. Deal Breaker
- A series of 'morning-after' conversations between Rosie and Sam. The differences between the way that Rosie and Sam view their relationship ? and view all relationships ? challenge the stereotypical male/female dynamics of monogamy, jealousy and sex. Frameworks
- Marie, a graduate student in physics waiting for a train, encounters a teacher who suggests a route that will change her life forever. The Asteroid
- An asteroid is going to destroy the planet. Little does Paul know, there may be even worse news ahead.